I got this recipe from the Earth Bound Farm "food to live by" cook book. I as always like to tweak recipes...the night that we ate this I added green cabbage, zucchini, fresh peas, radishes, half a sweet onion. I also left out the peanuts and raisins because I don't like either of them.
Fusion Coleslaw.
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded napa cabbage
2 large carrots, coarsely grated
6 scallions cut into thin strips
1 jalapeno, cut into slivers ( I added an one more)
3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 teaspoon Asian Chile Garlic Sauce (I added about double that. start with the recomended and add to taste)
1 tbsp finely grated peeled fresh ginger
salt
1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds.
1. place the red cabbage, napa cabbage, carrots, scallions, jalapeno in a large bowl. stir to combine.
2. Place the sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, chile sauce and ginger in a glass jar and seal the lid tightly. shake the jar vigorously to combine. Taste foe seasoning, adding salt and more chili garlic sauce as needed.
3. Pour the dressing over the veggie mixture and toss to combine. Add the peanuts and raisins, toss again.
Refrigerate the coleslaw, covered, to allow the flavors to develop, 2 to 4 hours. serve the coleslaw chilled, garnished with sesame seeds.
ENJOY!!!!
This is the yummy salad DAve made when we were in Oregon.
Fusion Coleslaw
No comments:
Post a Comment