Friday, January 28, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup

I had this recipe on my list on allrecipes, and then I also saw it on my friend Heather's blog.  I needed something to feed my vegetarian SIL when Mark's family came to dinner.  It is super easy and delicious.  I tweaked it just a little.

2-28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
1- 14.5 oz. can of vegetable broth
18 fresh basil leaves, minced (I used 2 Tbsp bottled basil)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 tsp. sugar
1 c. whipping cream-I used cashew cream because I had some in the freezer.
1/4 c. butter-I think I would use even less next time
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil, sugar and garlic powder.  Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment