Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pumpkin Carrot Muffins

From Amy Pulley


Mix:
2 cups pumpkin puree
3 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 c oil
1/2 c applesauce (I use unsweetened) I increased the applesauce to 1 cup and eliminated the oil.
1 3/4 c sugar

Add:
2 c finely shredded carrot

Add:
3 c flour ( I used half whole wheat and half white.  I want to try using all white whole wheat next time)
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

You can also add 1 cup of choc. chips for some extra yumminess. For bread (makes 2 loaves): grease loaf pans and bake at 325 for 50-65 min, or until toothpick comes out clean, cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pans. For muffins (makes about 24): grease muffin tins, fill almost to top and bake at 350 for 18-22 min, or until set, cool for a few minutes before removing. For mini muffins (makes about 48): grease tins, fill almost to top and bake at 350 for 12-16 min, or until set. These are also great as a cupcake: line muffin tins and fill about 3/4 of the way. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. or until set. Or even a cake: grease 9x13 pan, bake at 350 for, oh I'm not sure, 35-45 min? or until the toothpick comes out clean. Top with cream cheese frosting, and voila.

If you don't already have a cream cheese frosting recipe:

1/2 c softened butter
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla
5-6 cups (?) powdered sugar

Mix butter and cream cheese well, add vanilla and p. sugar and mix well. I add about a half cup of p. sugar at a time until it's at the consistency that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment