Saturday, August 23, 2014

Neisha's Lemon Bars

I can't believe I haven't included these in my collection!  I got this recipe from my friend, Neisha.  They are my favorite lemon bars, ever. Add that I've made them successfully myself many, many times, and you know this recipe is a winner.

Recipe Source: Neisha Lauer

CRUST:
1 C soft butter
dash of salt
1/2 C powdered sugar
2 C flour

FILLING:
4 eggs
2 C sugar
1/4 C flour
1/3 C lemon juice

CRUST: Combine butter, salt powdered sugar and 2 C flour. Press into a 9 X 13 pan. Bake @ 350 for 15 - 20 minutes until edges are slighty brown. Let Cool slightly.

FILLING: Beat eggs, add sugar, 1/4 C flour and lemon juice - whisk until combined and pour onto cooled crust. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.


Note: It seems like it takes forever for the crust to brown. Sometimes I just take it out even if the edges are not brown. The crust doesn't have to be completely cooled down, but if it's too hot the egg mixture kind of starts to cook in top of the crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment