I trying to get all my favorite pins into my recipe box, because, occasionally, I find that the site is gone after I've pinned it.
This flavor was great, and could be even better with some adjustments. First, it doesn't need to cook nearly as long as the recipe says. It seems like 4-5 hours on low (in my slow-cooker) would do the trick. Also, I put rolled up foil balls under the chicken to keep it from boiling in it's own juices instead of roasting. Next time I would roast it breast side down to keep the white meat really moist.
Recipe Source: Busy Mommy
1 broiler/fryer chicken, thawed, rinsed and patted dry
Rub Ingredients
2 Tbsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. garlic powder, or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Place rub ingredients in bowl. Add tiny amounts of water until it turns into a thick paste. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, inside and out, and under the skin. Use all of the mixture.
Spray the inside of the crock pot with non-stick spray, and place 3-4 egg-sized balls of foil on the bottom of the pot. Place the chicken, breast down, on top of the balls and place the lid on top. Cook 4-5 hours on low (my crock pot) until the thigh meat measures 180 F.
Let the chicken rest about 5-10 minutes before carving.

No comments:
Post a Comment