Monday, March 12, 2012

Asian Slaw with Ginger-Peanut Dressing

Yep. Pinterest.  This is fabulous.  It makes a ton.  I tweaked it a bit; left out the peanuts and sliced up my own cabbage since I had some.  I also added more cabbage and edamame because I hate soggy slaw.  

Recipe Source: Once Upon a Chef




Dressing
¼ cup honey
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar (seasoned is too sweet and salty)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut butter

½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce 
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 large garlic clove, minced

The Slaw
1/2 Head of green cabbage, chopped
1/2 head of purple cabbage, chopped
2 cups shredded carrots
1 red pepper, thinly sliced into bite size pieces
1 1/2-2 cups pre-cooked, shelled edamame (available fresh or frozen)
2 medium scallions, finely chopped
½ cup peanuts chopped or whole-I left these out
½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro

Directions
1. Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in medium bowl. Stir until peanut butter is dissolved. Set aside.
2. Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss well. Let sit at least 10 minutes so vegetables have a chance to soak up the dressing. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment