Thursday, August 5, 2010

Applesauce Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup

These are really good.  I like that it uses stuff I already have.  I used whole wheat flour, and they were pretty thick.  Next time I'll try adding a little more milk.

From: The Sisters' Cafe

2 eggs
2 c flour-I used whole wheat flour
1 c milk-I used plain soy milk
1 c applesauce
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 T sugar
2 T baking powder
1 tsp salt

Beat eggs until fluffy.  Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.  Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375 degrees.  (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water.  If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.)  Grease griddle.  For each pancake, use slightly less than 1/4 cup batter.  Cook pancakes until bubbly on top and dry around the edges.  Turn to cook other sides until golden brown.



Cinnamon Syrup

1 cup sugar
slightly less than 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup evaporated milk

No comments:

Post a Comment