From Gimme Some Oven
Favorite Shrimp Scampi
I really like this recipe because it's super-fast and tasty with just enough butter without being oily. So...it's definitely not "authentic" or "traditional" but it's a hit at our house. Serves 4-6
Ingredients
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta noodles (I used linguine)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled with tails removed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- toppings: chopped fresh parsley and (optional) freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions
- Cook pasta in a large pot of generously-salted water until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute for 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and immediately season (sprinkle) with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Continue sauteing the shrimp with the garlic for about 3-4 minutes, or until pink on both sides and no longer opaque.
- Add in the chicken stock, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest, and stir to combine. Let the mixture continue cooking for an additional minute to boil down, then remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta, and serve topped with the shrimp scampi, parsley, and parmesan.
My Notes:
This comes together fast, so have all of the ingredients prepped, measured, and ready to go before you start. I actually like to have the noodles cooked and ready before I put the shrimp in because I don't like over-done, rubbery shrimp. once the shrimp starts to turn pink, turn off the heat. It doesn't always take 3-4 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment