Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ginger Vegetable Stir Fry

I really like the light fresh sauce for these stir fry veggies.  I changed it just a bit. I will definitely be making it again.  It thickened up a bit too much for my taste, so I will tweak the corn starch and broth measurements.

I think adding shrimp would be wonderful.

I got the recipe from "Gimme Some Oven"

Stir Fry Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4-5 cups vegetables, cut to bite-sized portions (**see tip below**)
Sauce Ingredients:
1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
2 Tbsp. grated or minced fresh ginger
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
generous pinch of freshly-ground black pepper
 
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add garlic (and onions if you're using any) and stir fry for 1 minute.  Add the remaining vegetables, and stir-fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a separate bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.  Add to the stir fry, and continue cooking until the sauce is boiling.  Cook for an extra minute, then remove from heat and serve.  Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.


If using onions in the mix, I recommend adding the onions an extra minute or two earlier than the rest of the vegetables so that they get extra cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment