Saturday, August 18, 2012

Easy Pad Thai

This was so yummy, even though my noodles turned out weird. Everyone loved it. I love the light flavor of the sauce. I loved the eggs. Next time I will try a different kind of rice noodle, I will cook them separately, rinse them well, and then toss them in at the end. I was super conservative with the sriracha sauce.  I would add another squirt next time. We also skipped the peanuts. I changed the measurements for our family to have dinner and some leftovers.

I found this recipe at "Brownies for Dinner" where they have step by step pictures and some wonderful variations.  We added shrimp, and liked it a lot.

 

Easy Pad Thai

Serves 6 -plus leftovers
16 ounces dried, wide and flat rice noodles
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
6 tablespoons soy sauce
2 squirts (about 1/4 teaspoon) Sriracha (optional)
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
6 scallions (green onions), white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 large eggs, lightly beaten (optional)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts (optional)

Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse well. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer eggs to a plate.

Add  scallion greens, and sauce to skillet just long enough to heat the sauce (about 1 minute). Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently. Add noodles just long enough to coat them in the sauce, and then quickly transfer them to serving dish. Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment