When I was a kid, there were so many September birthdays on my mom's side that we just had, what came to be called, The Lasagna Bash. It included lots of lasagna, garlic bread, etc.,. We haven't done it for a few years, until yesterday. During that time, my cousin's husband, Doug, developed a delicious vegetarian lasagna. It was so good. So I stole the recipe...literally. I think one of the tricks was how thin he sliced his veggies, he must have a mandolin or something, but since I was walking off with someone's copy of the recipe, I didn't really dare ask. So here it is. This makes 2-9x13 pans or 1 larger pan.
Sauce: Quick Version
1 can Hunt's Mushroom spaghetti sauce
2 small cans tomato paste
2 cans diced tomatoes (Italian or regular) drained
1-13 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
Spices to liking-salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, garlic powder
Combine together and cook to thicken up
Veggies: Use what you like
Zucchini
Yellow squash
Sliced thinly-set aside
Ricotta Cheese Mixture
1-16 oz. Ricotta Cheese
1 1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 eggs-slightly beaten
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
Combine in a bowl
Cheese:
2 cups finely shredded mozzarella
2 cups finely shredded Italian mix cheeses
Mix together in a bowl
Noodles:
Barilla Lasagna noodles-boiled for 17 minutes and placed on a paper towel to dry.
Layer in this order (bottom to top)
Noodles
Sauce
Noodles
Ricotta
Veggies
Cheese
Noodles
Sauce
Noodles
Squash
Cheese
Noodles
Sauce
Cheese
Bake at 325 covered for 45-50 minutes
10 minutes-uncovered
Let stand 15-20 minutes before cutting
No comments:
Post a Comment