Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wild Strawberry Cupcakes

Recipe Source: Jessica Firth

Wild Strawberry Cupcakes





Makes 24 plus-the recipe said 36 but I got about 28

Ingredients

16 oz Strawberries De-stemmed
4 eggs
1 3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1 t. Vanilla
1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Cups Flour

Directions

Place first four ingredients in blender. Blend until fully pureed. Pour into large bowl and mix with remaining ingredients. Spoon into cupcake wrappers. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched. Allow to cool. Frost with recipe below.


Sweet and Pure Strawberry Buttercream

3/4 Cup fresh Strawberries de-stemmed
1/2 Cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
2 lb Powdered Sugar

Over a large bowl crush the strawberries in your hands(I just used a fork in the bowl). Allow juice and pulp to fall into bowl. Add remaining ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer. Frost cooled cupcakes. Allow to set at room temperature. I have found you have plenty leftover after frosting cupcakes to eat with a spoon-or your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment