This is wonderful peach pie. We had it two nights in a row, and still wanted more. I didn't have any almond flavor, so I just used vanilla. It was delicious. I really like the simplicity, which really lets the peach flavor shine.
I'm also including a tried and true pie crust recipe.
Recipe Source: Heather Sullivan
Slice 3-4 fresh peaches into cooked and cooled pie shell.
Mash two more peaches and add:
3/4 C. sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 C. water
Cook 5 minutes until it boils.
Add 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring ( I just used vanilla) and 2 Tbsp butter
Pour over sliced peaches and chill.
Serve with whipped cream.
Easy No-Fail Pie Crust
makes 2 pie crusts
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup Crisco shortening (butter-flavored or regular, I prefer regular)
Mix the above ingredients with your hands to form a uniform mixture.
Add 1/3 cup ice water.
Dip your hands in flour so they won’t get too sticky (although it will still be messy). Mix the ice water in to the shortening/flour mixture with your hands. Roll into a round ball (the dough will resemble a sugar cookie dough). Divide in half and on a lightly floured surface roll into two circles. Bake according to pie directions.
No comments:
Post a Comment