Monday, March 15, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Dinner Ideas

I am looking forward to making an Irish-inspired meal for St. Patrick's Day.  I am even more excited now that I know Corned Beef is not a very traditional Irish dish.  I have a friend from Ireland who told me she couldn't remember ever eating cabbage.  I've done the corned-beef and cabbage thing before and didn't care for it.  So this year I've collected some recipes that look like something we might even enjoy.  I'll have to star what I end up using for the big day.  Right now I'm leaning towards the stew and oatmeal bread.  But I haven't decided between the scones and the crisp.

Beef and Guinness Stew - Substituting beef broth or ginger ale for the Guinness

Irish Potato Soup

Gingered Pear Crisp

Irish Oatmeal Bread

Cherry Lemon Scones- I may use blueberries instead of cherries

Colcannon

No comments:

Post a Comment