I want to try this recipe for Spanish Rice. It got over a thousand fantastic reviews. A lot of the reviewers recommended chicken broth, garlic, etc.,. I would love to find a recipe I love and quit buying the boxed stuff. I just won't tell Sarah.
3 Tbsp. canola oil
2 c. long grain rice
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 c. chicken or vegetable broth
1 (14 oz can) diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried parsley
Heat oil in deep skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and pepper for a couple of minutes. Add rice and brown well. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Add chili powder, cumin salt and parsley. Cover and simmer until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment