A couple of years ago, we started having our own Thanksgiving. We decided we run around for so many holidays, that we wanted one holiday to be our own. Plus, I had always wanted to try doing my own feast.
I'm getting better at the food, and gaining a little confidence. Here are the recipes I will be using this year, plus a tutorial on carving the turkey. Most of these recipes are from My Kitchen Cafe.
2-Hour Turkey - This turkey comes out so juicy, and doesn't take nearly as long as other turkeys. This is important since I don't have two ovens, so I still need my oven for things other than turkey on Thanksgiving day.
Celery Herb Stuffing - Love this stuffing. It's so much better than a box, or the stuffing bread I've purchased at the bakery. I don't make mine in the turkey because I don't like it to be so squishy and I find it draws some of the moisture out of the turkey.
Blue Ribbon Apple Pie - I love the fresh apples and the combo of Granny Smith and Gala. This is super yummy.
Jumbleberry Pie - This is from Amy Pulley. It has become one of our very favorite pies. I've never tried the cream cheese filling, because of Sarah, but it's got to be good.
Wheat Rolls - This has become my go-to roll recipe. We all love them.
Soy Milk Pumpkin Pie - I really want Sarah to be able to enjoy her favorite part of Thanksgiving without the regrets later.
Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
No comments:
Post a Comment