Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Grilled Fish Tacos

We made these fish tacos tonight. They were perfect. Light and yummy.  They will be great to make in the summer!

Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Recipe by Our Best Bites

1/4 c. fresh lime juice (about 2-3 juicy limes)
1/4 c. white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
4-5 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. Kosher or sea salt
2 tsp. sugar
1 c. canola oil
1/2 c. roughly chopped cilantro, stems removed

In the jar of your blender, combine lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, and sugar. Blend until ingredients are completely combined. With the blender running, add the oil in a steady stream. Add cilantro and blend until the cilantro has broken down but still maintains some of its texture. Serve with greens, on any type of Mexican salad, or use as a marinade.


For a marinade for fish tacos, I followed this, but used very little oil.  I marinaded about 1 pound of tilapia fillets for about 30 minutes.  Then grilled it until it flaked.  It was so yummy.  We put the fish in white corn tortillas with cabbage, pico de gallo, cheese and guacamole.  I don't like the corn flavor of the tortillas to overpower the taco, so I ran them under water and then grilled them on a frying pan until warm, but not stiff.  They were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment